Veg: avocado, spinach, kale, tomato, red pepper
Grain: saffron rice, grape nuts
Fruit: mango, raspberry, strawberry, blueberry, dried cranberry, coconut, lemon
Dairy: vanilla Greek yogurt, soy milk
Legume: soy sausage, peanuts
Nut/seed: pumpkin seeds
Other: semi sweet chocolate, egg, coffee, tea (2 srv), water (3)
Walking: 1+ mile (rain prevented from a "walk" walk...that's 3 days in a row. I need to get over getting wet and just go.)
Bad: 1/2 York Peppermint Pattie, 5 Hot & Spicy Chips that were maybe too hot, which is why I only had 5, 2 Jammie Dodgers
The Story of the Jammie Dodgers: I love reading the Confessions of Georgia Nicholson Young Adult book series by Louise Rennison. They're the funniest diversionary quick reads that never fail to put a smile on my face. Main character Georgie Nicholson is always talking about snacking on Jammie Dodgers. I have a former student who's about to be stationed in England and Jammie Dodgers were the first thing that came to mind. (Now that I'm thinking about it, it's probably because Georgia, as clever class clown, gives her teachers the same kind of guff that that student gave me 6 years ago, when in my class...) So, at the grocery store today, I stopped by the International Section to see if they carried Jammie Dodgers. They do, I bought some and they're delicious. Like jelly donuts, only as a cookie.
No comments:
Post a Comment