Sunday, May 3, 2009

5/3 report

I spent time outside today, and during that time got pooped on by a bird, so here's hoping my bad luck turns to good. Actually, you could say the good luck started right away, because unlike the other people sitting in the softball stands at Jamaica Plain who got a hail of green goose poop plopped on their shirts and jackets, a got a tiny smattering on my purse. Still, they say a bird pooping on you is a sign of good luck and lord knows I need some better luck. (I can't find out where this saying comes from, but whatevs.)

Report-

Veg: cukes, tomato, peppers, onion, tomato soup
Grain: granola, bread, crackers
Fruit: dried cran & raisins, apple, lemon
Dairy: soy milk, cheese
Legume: hummus
Nut/seed: almond & sunflower
Other: coffee, green tea, herbal red tea, water
Bad: 1/2 chocolate cookie, 1 chocolate madeline cookie (how come I eat so many cookies when i'm with my mom?)

Walking: about 2 miles total

I also spent a lot of time outside and a lot of time socializing with my family. These are the non-diet things that they say are good for your health. I watched my sister's softball game with my mom at Jamaica Pond (where the goose pooped on me) and then Mom and I went to visit Aunt Betty at the nursing home.

Oh, that's right, I forgot to mention this other bad news thing of last week, that my aunt, who has Alzheimer's, who I sat with the week before, had a cold that developed to pneumonia. She was in the hospital from Wednesday night to Saturday and then moved to a nursing home on Saturday. She's doing better and I hope will be going home soon. While the nursing home is one of the nicer ones I've ever seen, it's still a nursing home.

Anyway, then Mom and I went to Panera. I haven't been eating out as much lately. I actually ended up thinking about the menu ahead of time. While thinking about the menu, I also considered what I'd eaten so far for the day and what options I had for fulfilling my daily "pyramid" of food. I ended up doing pretty well. Panera's one of the better fast food places, I think (and it always seems to be close by to where I work or live). I got half the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich on whole wheat bread (veggies, hummus, a little bit of feta) and a cup of Tomato soup along with a cup of tea with lemon and chose "apple" from the "apple, chips or bread" option. There was no way I'd make it through without getting a cookie, but at least Betty & I split it. (BTW, Betty in this case is my mom. Aunt Betty is my great aunt & my mom's namesake.)

Well, this was a long report. It's done now, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment