Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Update on today's report

I also did a lot of walking around the city today. Back Bay to work (as outlined before), work to library to T. Boston Common to stalk a dead poet.

See more about stalking the dead poet here.

Then grocery shopping, including walking home by foot.

I'd say 3.5 miles today. Very very good of me!

Just googled for a calorie buring calculator. Don't know how accurate it is but is says I burned about 160 calories from walking. That's about the amount of calories from the ricotta cheese and half piece of garlic bread (also google that)...

Progress. Onward. Etc. I'm happy to be thinking about these things, but I hope I don't end up like my British counterpart, Bridget Jones.

Bridget will not be able to recite from memory the amount of calories in everything. Heavens forbid.

2 comments:

  1. For most people, about 75% of our energy intake goes to maintaining body temperature and other basic metabolic processes.

    Isn't it amazing how our bodies are so efficient that it takes about an hour to jog off the calories in a Snickers bar?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also on a journy to reclaim my body. I'm almost 31 damnit, I shouldn't look the way I do. Hence the joining of Curves. Not the best gym in the world, but I go four times a week (eventually I will get my butt there 6 times a week). I've stopped eating after 9:00 PM. The next goal is to stop eating after 8:00 PM, which means trying to eat dinner with the kids, a chore in itself, because I spend dinner getting them food, drinks, feeding the baby, mopping up spills, etc. I've been doing the Curves thing for just about a month now, and there's already a difference in how my clothes fit. My fat pants are too big- excellent! I'm probably only a week or two away from my skinny pants becoming my regular pants. The pair I have on today were snug a month ago. Today they are roomy.

    ReplyDelete