Monday, May 4, 2009

5/4 Report

I think it was too much to ask for more than two relatively pain-free days in a row. So, pain it was. I left work early, took some medicine and headed home to just relax on the couch. When I felt a bit better from the medication, Maddie and I took a walk. Then Rene and I had a "date" to the Himalayan Bistro, one of the many excellent restaurants in our excellent neighborhood of Boston.

Veg: mustard greens (2 srv), tomato, veg samosa
Grain: basmati rice, potato, aloo naan
Fruit: mango smoothie from Ben & Jerry's (2 srv), orange, coconut
Dairy: a bit of palek paneer, coconut ice cream
Legume: black bean
N/s: x
Other: coffee, red tea, black tea, Himalayan chiya ("chai"), water
Bad: the fried part of the samosa, sorta the ice cream but it was a small serving

Walking: about 1.5 miles

Time outdoors: about an hour

I had lunch in the Prudential courtyard. Just about 10 minutes, but better than nothing. I wasn't feeling well starting arounf 1:30, and I thought the fresh air might do me some good. It's so funny because you spend so much of your time in Boston trying to convince yourself that you are not as close as you think you are to the Prudential Tower; it only feels that way because it's so tall. So now, when I have lunch in the Prud courtyard, I have to convince myself that it is as close as I think it it. Yes, yes. It is, in fact, right in front of me.

By 3, I couldn't bare it any longer, so I cut the day short & headed home. Tourists were everywhere. Just, everywhere! It seemed like the longest T ride ever since I was feeling so icky. I realize I didn't mention the other bad luck thing from last week's slew: there was a problem with my health insurance and now I have to wait about 6-8 weeks for it to be reinstated. That means I can't do the CT scan or the blood tests, unless I want to pay out of pocket...Though you can back date 60 days, so says Mom, who is a nurse. Anyway, I've faxed the appropriate paperwork and will do what I can to call and ask them to expedite, since I'm sick and the cause is unknown. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry your stomach is problematic. All I can do is pray for the best.

    -Steve

    ReplyDelete