Monday, July 13, 2009

7/13 Report - Family dinner birthday

Oh my! I got a massage today! It's research since I think that's going to be my next move. The whole teacher/copywriter/librarian thing isn't working out for me.

Meals
BREAKFAST
water
FiberOne Penautbutter Granola bar

LUNCH
iced coffee with soymilk and honey
Clif bar Peanut Crunch

SNACK
water (2)

DINNER - oh boy
water (3)
sake (2)
sweet potato maki (4)
shrimp tempura maki (4)
edamame
crab rangoon (1)
naruto (1)
spicy noodle with veggies and black bean sauce (5 bites)
salt and pepper calamari (5 bites)
tofu basil fried brown rice

AFTER DINNER
Delirium Tremens (1)

Report
I had the wake for my best friend's grandma today. It was okay; things are less heavy feeling when it's a woman who's lead a long full life, unlike the last few I've been to, which have been young or youngerish people's wakes. Other than that, the rest of the day was quite nice. Woke up at a decent hour, 9 AM, and headed to the Starbucks to do some more research on the massage therapy route by reading one of the textbooks. Then I realized I've never had an official massage, just volunteer clinics at charity walks and stuff. So, I went and got one. My masseuse was so nice and let me ask her all sorts of questions about everything. She had me convinced by the end of the 30 minutes. Then I did some birthday shopping - both for the friends and family whose birthdays are coming up and for myself. Two dresses (size medium, but if I keep having drinks again with dinner, this will not stand), a sporty swimsuit for swimming at the Y (ugly but only 10 bucks), goggles, a lawn chair, gym shorts, and a turquoise polka dot shirt that reminds me of a tutu I had when I was 4. Birthday shopping for oneself is quite nice.

Pyramid
Veg: [TIME OUT - I just turned 31 while typing "Birthday shopping for oneself..." etc] peppers, onion, cuke, sweet potato
Grain: rice (2 srv), noodle, granola bar (2)
Legume: edamame, tofu, black bean, soy protein, bean sprout, peanut, peanut butter
Fruit: none
Dairy: soymilk
Nut/seed: sesame seed on makis
Other: coffee, water (6), shrimp, calamari, basil, egg
Bad: sake (2), beer (1)
Activity: 2 plus miles, massage
R&W: massage therapy stuff, journaling
Tums count: 2; not bad

No comments:

Post a Comment