REPORT
What a looooong day! First I had an interview in the Fanuiel Hall area, for a law library job. Then, because it was the perfect weather, I walked around my city for a bit, before heading home. I think there's a tour book somewhere that tells older couples to come to Boston in September, once all the kids are back in school, because there were so many 40+ couples touring Boston. I overheard a couple asking the Barista at Starbucks (Pumpkin Spice is BACK!) at the little coffee bar on State St what to do in Boston while in town for just one day. The woman had her map out. The barista started to talk about the MFA (good call) but then got called away for something, so I started talking to them. I told them about the Isabella Stuart Gardner Museum when she pulled out a map. I pointed out all the popular spots on the map and once I explained with the red line was (the Freedom Trail) she decided that's what they'd do. I told them about Boston's North End, where Paul Revere's house is, and how it's the Italian section with nice restuarants, "So a good place to get lunch," she said. "Yes!" Then I told her about the Common, the Public Garden, which is one of my favorite spots. They headed for the trail, I went and did my own touring but guess what? 3 hours later, they spotted me at the Public Garden! She said hi and they thanked me for my advice! After heading to the BPL, I went home then to work, where it was SILLY busy, which I like. Now I'm home and wired. Hence the late night blog.
MEALS
breakfast:
-green tea
-water
-oatmeal
snack:
-orange juice
-grapes
-brie
-crackers
post-interview drink:
-Starbucks coffee with soy milk, honey and pumpkin spice
lunch:
-water
-slice of pizza from Upper Crust
snack:
-two slices multigrain bread
-colby jack cheese
-lavender tea
dinner:
-lentils, rice and carrots (see recipes)
-pinot noir
PYRAMID
veg: parsley, carrots, tomato
grain: bread (2), crackers, oatmeal, crust
fruit: grape, orange juice
dairy: soy milk, brie, colby jack, pizza cheese
legume: lentils
seed: flaxseed, sesame
other: coffee, tea (2), honey, dill, scallion, spices, wine, evoo, water
bad: wine, pizza grease
R&W: reading, my own literary tour of Boston, blogging, journaling
xout: inquiries, interviews, bizzy work day
activity: 3 miles in town, in heels!, walking Maddie around the neighborhood, walking constantly around the library
No comments:
Post a Comment