REPORT
Wine Party at V's last night. I think I went over the recommended daily 6 ozs. And my was there quite a spread of food there. Um, this has prompted me to start to think about what to do about the holidays; or I should say, how I'm going to handle them this year. I'm not going to deny anything I love, like mashed potatoes. I know if I do, I'll just crave them like crazy and binge. But I am going to load my plate with the veggies and add just a bit of the more indulgent, less healthy things.
MEALS
breakfast:
-coffee, half decaf, half reg, with lots of soy milk and some pumpkin flavor
-fiber bar
-water
lunch:
-avacado sushi, half roll
-multigrain bread, olives, tapenade
-stuffed grape leaf
-roasted marinated artichoke heart
-pumpkin protein smoothie
dinner: (oh boy)
-8 seafood stuffed mushrooms (sml)
-2 jumbo shrimp cocktail
-2 tbs dip
-dozen baby carrots
-3 celery sticks
-3 pepper slices
-guacamole & corn chips
-12 slices of cheese: gouda, smoked gouda, parmesan, cheddar, bleu
-bunch of grapes
-6 crackers
-fruit pavlova portion
-3 Sugar bakery sugar cookies
-1 sml chocolate chip brownie
-1 full glass torrontes, 2 oz pinot grigio, 4 oz merlot, 6 oz cabernet, 2 oz some other red, 1 glass pinot noir
PYRAMID
grain: sushi rice, brown rice, bread, granola bar, seafood stuffing, crackers
veg: carrots (2 srv), celery, pepper, pumpkin, artichoke, olive, avacado (2 srv), grape leaf, kelp
fruit: grapes
dairy: gouda (6), smoked gouda (4), parmesan (2), bleu (3), cheddar (1), soy milk
legume: none
nut/seed: sesame
other: coffee, shrimp, crab, ginger, soy sauce, about 6 oz of all that wine, water
bad: HAH! 3 cookies, 1 brownie, 1 portion pavlova, 22 oz (4 glasses) wine, ranch dip, mexican dip, fiesta dip
activity: 6 hours work, 1/2 mi walk
x-out: none
reading: some Raymond Chandler
writing: none
sleep*: 8 hours
*SLEEP: just read in Glamour magazine that better sleep lead to healthy weight. At 4 hours, your body's all effed up, craving sugar and unable to process food well. So, I'm going to be making sure I get enough sleep.
No comments:
Post a Comment