Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3/30 Report - Having a Cold Stinks

Report: Sickly and therefore all over the place in terms of eating and energy and all of that.

-grapefruit juice
-Zicam drink

sleep for four hours

-leftover healthy mock hamburger helper
-grapefruit juice

sleep for four hours

-Three Sisters Sweet Wheat Cereal** & soy milk
-Zicam drink
-Echinacea, Goldenseal & Oatstraw tea with honey

-pickles
-2 pieces Pupolo candies chocolate (for the soul)
-cheese and crackers

-Hearty Kale and Lentil Soup (see recipe in previous post)
-Zicam drink

I've been taking more than the regular one dose of Vitamin B Complex & one does of Echinacea & Goldenseal. You can have up to 3 doses a day, so that's what I'm doing. After all that sleep and rest and tea and herbs and good food, I am feeling better. Tomorrow is a half day at work, so I should be able to make it through and rest the rest of the day. By Thursday, here's hoping I've kicked this thing. I hate getting sick!

**A long time ago, I stopped avoiding gelatin, even though it is animal derived. This cereal uses gelatin, so if you don't consume gelatin under your vegetarian diet, beware that this cereal contains it. I will have to think about that whole gelatin thing---it's omniscient, you see, and sneakily so, which is why I stopped trying to give it up....

No comments:

Post a Comment