Monday, March 22, 2010

update for week ending 3/21

Well, well. It was a week, I tell you. What with a full weekend free from jobs, two parties and a championship hockey game on Saturday (the better school, The Maine Black Bears, sadly, lost to those Arrogant Eagles of BC. My roomie won gracefully and said nothing of this devastation. It was a long shot. Ah well. There's always next year...), a major-if-you-are-from-Boston holiday (St Patty's) and Sunday lunch with an aunt, the calories did tend to build. It was a one step forward two step back kind of thing.

While my St Patty's Day dinner consisted of mostly carrots, cabbage, turnip, and onion, two plain potatoes and two soysage patties, it was accompanied by 2 Guinness, followed by green frosted sugar cookies and 1 and a half more Guiness. Earlier in the day, I indulged in the goodies laid out for faculty and staff at the school (gracious me, it is a never-ending sugary refined carb fest on that table in the staff room!), which I'm usually good about avoiding. While the weather was nice, I did just a bit of walking & some catch with Daisy (who is moving to Cali with Chrissy next month--but how will I work on my wiffle ball skills without my Daisy?) and that was about it.

Saturday was an early dinner out with the roomie, something we hadn't done in a while. A party at E rin's, though I was stuffed from dinner (mushroom fettucinni; I left a lot of the pasta and ate mostly the veggies with some bites of pasta; plus we had a great salad and a nice stuffed roasted tomato) I got a little bit of a walk in with Maddie. Then I accidentally napped on and off while watching the Hockey East score run up to football type numbers. Afterwards, I went to Weymouth for my sister's goodbye/bday party. I ate some chips and had another Guiness. Baddy bad.

Sunday was lunch with Aunt Eiko at Asian C. I am avoiding seafood again. (Just got the Oscar winning documentary "The Cove" from Netflix. Just from what I heard about it, I think I'm giving up unsustainable seafood. So, sardines are in. Just about everything else: out.) So I had cucumbers, sweet potato tempura sushi (4), edamame and thai curry tofu and veg with rice noodles. The noodles were icky, so I didn't eat more thana few bites, which is probably for the best. I'm trying to tip my pyramid to a more veg and fruit dense way. Chrissy made tomato, hot sauce, and cheese omelet with honey wheat english muffin and that was my nice dinner.

Because of teh out-to-eat and party-party indulgences of last week, I'm going to try to get back on track, maybe even over compensate this week with extra veggies and legumes and less sweets and carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment