Friday, May 22, 2009

5/21 report

I went out to eat twice today.

Veg: tom sauce
Grain: granola bar, crust, 2 pieces whole wheat bread, brioche
Fruit: coconut, mango, grapefruit, dates (2 srv)
Legume: all natural peanut butter
Dairy: soy milk, cheese
Nut: pumpkin seeds
Other: coffee, tea, water (4), 2 tsp Vermont maple syrup
Bad: 1 slice of greasy delicious pizza from Lynnwoods, french toast 3 slices
Walk: 1 +/- mile
Outside: an hour - walked Daisy, played catch with Daisy, tried to wipe up the porch of all the caterpillar droppings

I stopped by West Roxbury after taking Mom to the doctors for her new fiber glass cast. I retrieved my mail and watered and talked to my plants. The Peace Lilly, after a thriving and radiant year, has croaked. I am sorry I was not a better Care Taker. I'm going to google "what to do with a dead peace lily" to see if I can regrow from stumps or whatnot. Anyway, chatting with and watering my plants is one of those things that makes me quite happy, so I'm glad I did it today.

Since it's more than just diet and exercise that helps with a healthy life, I'm going to start adding things I do and don't do for Good Life Living. Today I had to make a difficult but important decision about keeping company with certain people. You know how there's difficulty that's healthy and difficulty that isn't healthy with friends, companions or family members? And sometimes it's hard to decide if you should just take the bulloney thrown your way for the sake of the relationship or chuck it for the sake of your spirit? I made the decision to give up and chuck today, rather than keep up with the crap. It feels awful but it also feels wise.

Tomorrow is Stop Procrastinating Day, I've decided. I have 3 very important but annoying things to take care of and, dagnamit, I will do them.

Check in tomorrow to see if I did...

This weekend is for Projects: sort and shred mail project, upload CDs project, finish all my laundry project, dust and vacuum project, do what I can to straighten up my old bedroom AKA the storage room for whichever room mom has decided to remodel this month project, clean the bathroom project, open up the pool project

Along with this will probably be Walks to Starbucks Projects.

PS I got BOTH my pairs of current prescription glasses back. Life is weird when you can see everything normally again. It's almost too much!

No comments:

Post a Comment