I went to Concord, MA today and that's where I had dinner, at the Walden Grille. I also met up with Roomie Rene at Scarlet Oak Tavern. You know what makes going out to eat way cheap? Not having alcohol! Ha!
Veg: mixed greens, beets, summer squash, veggie burger, tomato
Grain: veggie burger, bun, crostini, bran flakes, oat square cereal
Fruit: olives, lemon
Legume: veggie burger, white bean hummus
Dairy: soy milk (2 srv), cheese
Nut/seed: none
Other: coffee, tea (8 - WHA?? guess I've had my anti-oxidant fill today...), water (3)
Bad: Small Shake from Dairy Queen; this is Betty's fault, as she wanted a Blizzard, so I went out at 10:30 to get one. I have to report what I did NOT eat, which was the fries, with my veggie burger.
Activity:Played catch with Daisy for an hour while out on the porch reading "Becoming Jane Austen" and listening to "Speaking of Faith". I walked around Concord after the poetry reading. Rene brought Maddie to Scarlet Oak (Maddie stayed in the car, obv) and then we took a tiny walk around. It was nice to see my other baby after over a week! Then Daisy & I went for a little walk around the neighborhood.
Life Stuff: New Baby was born today - the first granddaughter in the Fourn clan! Yay! On a sad note, I'm going to a wake for a young woman, Rene's sister's friend, tomorrow. After commemorating a lost life at the wake, I've decided I'll go to the hospital to celebrate a new one. Ups & downs...
No comments:
Post a Comment