Saturday, June 6, 2009

6/5 Report

Meals

BREAKFAST
granola bar
water

SNACK
1 piece of chocolate

LUNCH
Sun Chips
basil hummus (basil hummus is my new favorite thing)
caffeine free pepsi (AWFUL!!!!)

DINNER
spinach salad with cucumbers, red peppers, mixed olives and 2 tsp lowfat balsamic, vinaigrette, 1 tsp bleu cheese dressing (need a little bit of a kick, you know)
3 small slices (= to one serving) of frozen California Pizza Kitchen cheese pizza
water

SNACK
Uh-oh. Oh no. Do I have to admit this? I don't want to tell you. But I must. I must admit to eating 1 small Brownie Batter blizzard from Dairy Queen. I mean, c'mon, I was back in Weyboring. It's what you DO in the summer - DQ for dessert. Not every day but once a month or so...Oh God, FORTY PERCENT OF MY DAILY FAT INTAKE. And you know what? It was really really delicious, too.
I also had lavender ceylon tea.

Pyramid
Veg: spinach, pepper, cucumber
Grain: crust, Sun Chips, granola
Fruit: olives
Legume: hummus
Dairy: cheese
Nut/seed: none
Other: water, tea, balsamic vinaigrette (balsamic vinegar, oil, spices, herbs)
Bad: chocolate, bleu cheese, Pepsi, Dairy Queen
Activity: walk with Daisy. I also had the pleasure of FINALLY meeting Lil-liam. It's been a long time coming! But his mom was in Weymouth while I was in W Rox and then they finally went home to Rozzy when I went to Weymouth. But I went over to DFG's yesterday afternoon and Lil-natalie was there with Jenn, Katelyn was home from Chicago, Mike got home early from work, Erin was over with lil-liam and of course, D had Pooey and Chewy (which is what Hunter has taken to calling himself and Matthew). It was mighty grand to be with a newborn, an infant, a toddler and a pre-schooler ('threenjoon' is how old Hunter is). Anyway, the point is, hanging out with little babies when you don't usually (but you enjoy their company) always makes for a better day.

Report
Man, I stayed three weeks at Betty's and managed quite well to stay away from all the naughty things she has to eat, but for whatever reason, yesterday was a major flop. Perhaps because it takes a smidge of effort and energy to avoid the mighty convenient Bad Brand Food and I had very little of energy...Pepsi, Sun Chips, & DQ. Tsk tsk.

No comments:

Post a Comment