MEALS
breakfast:
-oatmeal
-green tea
-water
lunch:
-water
-odawalla bar
dinner:
-grilled asparagus
-arugula salad with beats, sun dried tomato and goat cheese
-whiskey
-champagne
-beer (3)
REPORT
I went to water aerobics at the Y for the first time. We're in the shallow end, doing our thing and all of the sudden the older woman next to me shouts, "Paul! Paul!" Her husband was about a foot under water in the deep end and not moving or anything. So the lifeguard dives in the pool and is dragging the man to the in the shallow end and the side but there's no one to get him out, so I got out of the pool and went to the man and picked him up under his shoulders and pulled him out of the pool and laid him on the ground. Then the lifeguard got out and began doing CPR. These two younger black women in the class and I held hands and prayed. It just seemed like the right thing to do! Then Paul, who I later heard was 84 years old and wears a pacemaker, regained consciousness. By then the EMTs, firefighters and police had all arrived. His wife was a really sweet woman who I had chatted with before the class started. She was shocked and calm. I saw her off into the front seat of the ambulance and said bye. It was absolutely nuts.
[UPDATE: Paul will be fine, I found out today. His pacemaker failed and that's why he went under.] So, after that, I needed a couplah drinks.
PYRAMID
veg: arugula, sun dried tomato, asparagus
grain: odawalla, oatmeal
fruit: strawberry & pomegranate in snack bar
legume: none
dairy: none
nut/seed: flaxseed
other: water, tea
bad: whiskey, wine, beer, beer, beer
activity: helping to save a life, water aerobics (20 min), biking (20), walking (1/2 mile)
r&w: Lorine Niedecker, journal
No comments:
Post a Comment